GDIGM Press Releases
Video Interviews & Keynotes
More Video Links...
- Famine, War, and Drought: Geena Davis
Over 13.3 million people are in crisis from Famine, War and Drought in the Horn of Africa. But there is hope. Geena Davis talks about the crisis and what you can do to help.
- Geena Davis on the U.S. dream team working for women's empowerment
Nov. 2, 2011 - Pre-G20 Event: Growing Economies through Women's Entrepreneurship
- Geena Davis talks about the importance of good women role models in popular culture
Nov. 2, 2011 - Pre-G20 Event: Growing Economies through Women's Entrepreneurship
- "When are we going to get over the idea that it's shocking that women can do things?"
Sept. 20, 2011 - Geena Davis was interviewed by Variety Publisher Brian Gott at Mashable's Social Good Summit.
- Geena Davis on the Role of Women in the Movies
Sept. 15, 2011 - At the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business in Washington, DC, Geena Davis spoke about her film career and her advocacy efforts.
- Geena Davis at BCLC UN Investing
in Women & Entrepreneurship
March 11, 2011 - She discusses her work through the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media at U.S. Chamber BCLC's Investing in Women & Entrepreneurship event at the United Nations.
- Geena Davis Speaks at Boston University
Nov. 30, 2010 - Geena Davis (CFA '79, Hon. '99) recently returned to BU to discuss her career and gender work.
- Geena Davis at Sundance
Jan. 22, 2010 - "Miss Representation", a documentary that premiered at Sundance, focuses on how the mainstream American media objectifies women focusing on youth and beauty. During a panel discussion, which included filmmaker Jennifer Newsom, activist Gloria Steinem, and actress Geena Davis, the group said it's time to do something.
- Geena Davis Talks About Gender in Media
Oct. 7, 2010 - At NEWSWEEK's third annual Women and Leadership conference, the actress and activist discusses the lack of positive female characters in children's movies and television, and what can be done about the issue.
- Sir David Frost interviews Geena Davis
for "Frost Over The World"
Geena Davis joined Sir David Frost in New York to talk about empowering women in television and films.
- Geena Davis interviewed by Soledad O'Brian, CNN Anchor, during the Social Good Summit
Sept. 20, 2010 - Mashable, 92nd Street Y and UN Foundation brought together leaders from the digital industry, policy and media worlds for a groundbreaking Social Good Summit focused on how technology and social networks can play a leading role in addressing the world's most intractable problems.
- Special Event: World's Women at the Centre of Achieving the MDGs
Video webcast of Geena Davis participating in the Sept. 20th UNIFEM panel discussing the Millennium Development Goals.
- United Nations News & Media
June 29, 2010 - An exclusive interview with Geena Davis at the United Nations.
- Geena Davis speaks about gender equality at U.N. ECOSOC session
June 28, 2010 - Geena Davis presents key policy outcomes from the U.N. Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Special Event on Engaging Philanthropy to Promote Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (Fast Forward to 1:29).
- yathink.tv: An Interview with Geena Davis
June 24, 2010 - A candid, unscripted interview with Geena at the special United Nations ECOSOC event promoting gender equality & the economic enpowerment of women.
- PBWC 2010 Conference
May 11, 2010 - At the Professional BusinessWomen of California 2010 Conference, Geena Davis was a keynote speaker, touting gender equality in kids media.
- Watch Geena Davis speak at the U.N.
On February 22, 2010, Geena Davis delivered the closing keynote at the U.N. Economic and Social Council special event "Engaging Philanthropy to Promote Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment."
- Geena Davis Interview at the
Motown Mansion in Detroit
Nov. 21, 2009 - AmericaJR.com's Jason Rzucidlo spoke one-on-one with Geena Davis and White House Project President Marie Wilson. The "Add Women, Change Michigan" event examined the status of women's leadership across ten U.S. sectors.
- The Women's Conference 2009
Watch online videos of Geena Davis speaking about See Jane.
GDIGM in the News
- Geena Davis calls attention to lack of women in Hollywood - The Daily Targum, Oct. 17, 2012
- At UN-backed gathering, Asia-Pacific leaders urged to give region's women more access to technology jobs - UN News Centre, Oct. 16, 2012
- U.S. movie star Geena Davis calls for gender balance in media - Yonhap News, Oct. 11, 2012
- Don't Sexualize Girls in the Media, Say Experts - Epoch Times, Oct. 8, 2012
- Geena Davis joins Cardinal Health, State Auto CEOs to talk about women in leadership - Columbus Business First, Oct. 2, 2012
- Understanding the (Untapped) Power of Women - Diane Lefer, Aug. 26, 2012
- Geena Davis, local leaders advocate for change of women's roles in media - Lumination Network, May 25, 2012
- Geena Davis gets ITU award - Gadget, May 21, 2012
- Geena Davis wins major telecom award - ITworld, May 17, 2012
- Put It In the Script: Adding Women to the Picture, from Geena Davis and the Women's Funding Network Summit - World Pulse, May 12, 2012
- Spotlight on Geena Davis and the Institute - Vogue.it, Nov. 16, 2011
- From Miss Representation to Real Representation - Women in the World Foundation, Nov. 15, 2011
- Unleashing the Potential of Women's Entrepreneurship - The NewsMarket, Oct. 31, 2011
- Geena Davis talks gender equality at Social Good Summit - Care2 Causes, Sept. 20, 2011
- Geena Davis speaks out about girls in the Media - Ypulse, Sept. 20, 2011
- Geena Davis Institute fighting for gender equality on screen - FemPop, Sept. 19, 2011
- Geena Davis talks about Gender Bias in the Media - ONTD, Sept. 18, 2011
- Geena Davis Gets a Job in Sacramento - NBC Bay Area, Aug. 19, 2011
- Geena Davis lobbies for bill that will help women - Reuters, July 13, 2011
- Geena Davis says no to women as only "eye candy" - Washington Examiner, July 13, 2011
- Geena Davis spotted on Capitol Hill - Politico, July 13, 2011
- Tate, Davis Tackle Women's Images In Media - Multichannel News, July 13, 2011
- Geena Davis lobbies for bill to improve image of women in media - The Wrap, July 13, 2011
- Geena Davis names Healthy MEdia Commission members - The Hill, July 7, 2011
- Entertainment Industry Unites with Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media to Improve Female Portrayals in Family Films - April 21, 2011
- "Make the change we need for the next generation" - SRQ Mag, April 15, 2011
- A productive partnership - SRQ Mag, April 15, 2011
- Geena Davis illuminates at Sarasota Film Festival luncheon - Bradenton.com, April 15, 2011
- International Business Times - Feb. 28, 2011
- Deseret News - Jan. 23, 2011
- The Salt Lake Tribune - Jan. 22, 2011
- BU Today - Jan. 18, 2011
- NJ.com - Jan. 18, 2011
- Ms. Magazine - Nov. 17, 2010
- "Zero Progress Made on Gender Disparity in Films Targeted at Kids" - Women and Hollywood, Oct. 12, 2010
- True/Slant, Molly Knefel - June 30, 2010
- Purse Pundit - June 30, 2010
- CNN - June 29, 2010
- Open Salon - June 29, 2010
- UN News Centre - June 29, 2010
- The Women's Foundation of California - June 29, 2010
- NewsRoom America - June 29, 2010
- United Nations Radio Interview - June 29, 2010
- MediaGlobal News - June 29, 2010
- The A List - June 29, 2010
- The New Agenda - June 10, 2010
- Spare Candy - May 19, 2010
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution - May 17, 2010
- NBC Bay Area - May 12, 2010
- San Francisco Chronicle - May 8, 2010
- "When gender equality is no longer a fairy tale" by Geena Davis - April 29, 2010
- NY Women in Communications - April 26, 2010
- Australia joins with Geena Davis & UNIFEM to promote gender equality - April 22, 2010
- The Sydney Morning Herald - April 17, 2010
- MSN Video - April 14, 2010
- The Huffington Post - April 7, 2010
- Style Goes Strong - April 7, 2010
- Women and Hollywood - April 6, 2010
- The Women's Media Center - April 6, 2010
- Connect With Your Teens - April 6, 2010
- San Francisco Chronicle - April 5, 2010
- Variety - April 5, 2010
- Mom Logic: Girl Scouts - March 31, 2010
- AfterEllen.com - March 29, 2010
- Geena Davis' Letter to the Editor, Los Angeles Times - March 14, 2010
- Radio New Zealand Interview - March 12, 2010
- Bildungsroman - March 8, 2010
- Spero News - March 4, 2010
- Movieline - March 2, 2010
- The Daily Tell - March 2, 2010
- Maternity & Style - March 1, 2010
- AWFJ Women on Film - Feb. 25, 2010
- Celebrity Baby Blog (People.com) - Feb. 25, 2010
- News Blaze - Feb. 24, 2010
- Norway.com - Feb. 24, 2010
- United Nations Radio - Feb. 23, 2010
- The Daily Mirror - Feb. 23, 2010
- Parent Dish - Feb. 23, 2010
- Hola - Feb. 23, 2010
- United Nations News & Media - Feb. 22, 2010
- The Huffington Post - Feb. 22, 2010
- UPI - Feb. 22, 2010
- Jezebel - Feb. 22, 2010
- The Sydney Morning Herald - Feb. 22, 2010
- Positive Detroit - Nov. 16, 2009
- Examiner.com - Nov. 12, 2009
- The Detroit News - Nov. 10, 2009
- Introduction - Nov. 8, 2009
- Unscripted: A Blog for Actors - Nov. 7, 2009
- Michigan Women's Forum - Nov. 3, 2009
- When Tara Met Blog - Oct. 28, 2009
- Press-Telegram Press Corps - Oct. 27, 2009
- The Star Online - April 28, 2008
- The Courier Mail - April 9, 2008
- Huffington Post - March 5, 2008
- LA Confidential, Oscars-Power Issue 2008
- Geena Davis Interview on ABC - Jan. 29, 2008
- MovieMaker - Jan. 25, 2008